Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Names, gender, email, telephone number, physical address;
- Details of transactions you conduct through our website;
- Details of your visits to our website (including, amongst others, traffic data, location data, website logs and resources that you access);
- Details of your interactions with emails and other notifications we share with you (including, amongst others, customized links or similar technologies to determine whether our communications have been received and/or opened).
Should you decide to use your LinkedIn account credentials when registering to MergerLinks you consent that we may collect and process the following information that relate to your LinkedIn Profile Data:
- Your name and photo;
- Your primary email address associated with your LinkedIn account;
- Post, comment or like posts on your behalf;
- Use your basic profile including your name, photo, headline, and current positions.
We may collect certain information that your browser or mobile device sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, operating system, geographic location, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. This information is collected for system administration and to report aggregate information to our external partners (e.g. advertisers).
Our website contains cookies and other tracking mechanisms to store your preferences and other information on your computer, which allows us to efficiently customize your user experience. You have the ability to accept ordecline cookies by changing settings of your browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our website that depend on cookies.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of that information
We collect and use your personal information:
- to analyze trends, diagnose and troubleshoot issues
- to track visitor traffic and interest
- to operate and improve the website
- to deliver services or carry out the transactions you have requested.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is tailored to your viewing device;
- to send you a newsletter;
- to operate, administer, and maintain our systems
- to report on aggregate information about our users' browsing actions and patterns to our external partners;
- to notify you about changes to our service. We may also collect public and non-public information from you or third parties and combine it with information collected at the Website.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be transferred as an asset;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or to protect the operation of our website, or the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you, and they or we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data. Limitations may apply in certain circumstances:
- The right to be informed.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling.
- The right to access information, which we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with Data Protection Legislation, and you can contact us at our registered address as given above. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- The right of rectification to ensure that we hold correct and up to date information. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please contact us at our registered address. We may need to ask you for further information and identification to help us to comply with this request.
- The right to request that your personal information is erased (subject to certain limitations).
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data (subject to certain limitations).
- The right to data portability (subject to certain limitations). We may provide you the ability to view or edit your personal information online. In order to help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you will be required to sign in with your credentials (username and password)