Terms & Conditions
MergerLinks.com (the Service) is a service provided by MergerLinks Limited, incorporated in England and Wales, company number 09414606 of 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU (we, us, our). If you wish to use this website (the Website), you must first read these terms and conditions (Terms) carefully and agree to them. You may not use the site if you do not agree to these Terms.
You agree that we can modify the Terms without notice to you at our discretion. We will post any changes to the Terms on the Website and you should check for any changes on subsequent visits. Any use by you of the Website will be deemed as your acceptance of the Terms in force at that time.
These Terms apply, to the exclusion of your terms and conditions, to all agreements between you and MergerLinks Limited and every use made of Service via your Account.
We have developed a website which is an online professional network mapping M&A activity and players behind each transaction ("Content"). The Service consists of making the Content accessible through the Website in the form of If the subscription of the Customer terminates, for whatever reason, User's right to access and/or use MergerLinks.com will be terminated automatically.
It is forbidden to:
- create more than one (1) free Account;
- create an Account for another natural person or legal entity;
- provide access to the Account to another natural person or legal entity;
- create more credentials for Users to Customer's Account than licensed by MergerLinks.com;
- create an Account by any automated method, Account creation is solely permitted to humans;
- resell, distribute Content, or in any other way make profit of MergerLinks.com;
- use Content in a way considered discriminating or is otherwise deemed hurtful, offensive or inappropriate;
- contribute and process personal data other than in compliance with applicable law and these terms;
- introduce viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots or other software which can damage automated work or make it unusable or inaccessible or delete it
- access (or attempt to access), monitor and/or copy any of the Website through any automated means, including use of agents, robots, spiders, scripts or web crawlers.
- engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Website, or the servers and networks which are connected to the Website.
- Use MergerLinks.com in a way which infringes rights and/or third parties, including but not limited to IP-rights or rights concerning the protection of privacy;
- transmits unwanted or unsolicited material or content (spam);
- use MergerLinks.com contrary to these Terms or any applicable laws or regulations, is in any other manner unlawful or which could prejudice the interests and reputation of MergerLinks.com.
In order to enhance user experience, you agree that we may change the structure, content and nature of the Website at any time without notice to you.
At our sole discretion we may determine that your bandwidth usage exceeds a reasonable level and decide to control your use of the site by reducing or preventing your access.
Your access to the Website is free of charge, unless otherwise stipulated by us. In the event that, and to the extent that, we make no such stipulation, our fulfilment of its obligations imposed by these Terms is in consideration of your fulfilment of all obligations imposed by these Terms upon you.
Your use of the Website, including any registration process, may involve your disclosure to us of personal data as defined by the Data Protection Legislation. Data Protection Legislation means: the Data Protection Act 1998 (until effective); the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any other national laws and regulations including any successor legislation to ones listed above.
In the event that you disclose personal data, (either your own or third parties) you warrant to us that you have secured all consents and permissions, as may be required by applicable law, for the purposes of disclosure to us and subsequent use by us of any such data in the provision of the Website.
Save to the extent that it is allowed in these Terms and applicable law, you may not copy, or make any use of any part of the Website or Content for any purposes. In particular you may not modify, sell, distribute or create works based on the Content unless you have been specifically permitted to do so by us, or by the owners of that Content, in a separate agreement.
You warrant that you hold all the rights relating to the Content and fully indemnify MergerLinks.com of any infringement claims regarding the Content.
You retain all rights on the Content submitted by you through MergerLinks.com. By making available or uploading Content to MergerLinks.com you automatically grant MergerLinks.com perpetual, irrevocable, royalty–free and non-exclusive licence to use any such Content in any manner we in our sole discretion deem fit on the Website (including the option not to use it, or to use only part, to delete or archive it or to make such changes to such Content as we in our sole discretion may determine). You agree that we may transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media, with a view of delivering Service. Finally, you represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary powers, rights and authority to grant the licence contained in this clause.
You agree that you are solely responsible for any Content that you create or submit while using the Website. You are also solely responsible for consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which we may suffer) by doing so. You agree that we have no responsibility for policing how such Content is used: you are responsible for protecting and enforcing any such right.
The Intellectual Property Rights ("IP rights") as defined in these Terms as are all intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, including copyright, database rights, patent rights and applications, rights in designs, trademark rights and applications, trade secrets and all other intellectual property as may exist now or hereafter come into existence, regardless of geographic location where they arise.
Term and Termination
These Terms commence on the date you access the Website, and last for the duration of your use whenever you use the Website.
Your Account is for an indefinite period of time. You can terminate your Account at any time by clicking relevant button in your user admin panel. You are responsible for properly cancelling your Account. An email or phone request to cancel your Account is not considered cancellation.
Upon termination of your Account, we may require you to expunge some or all of the Content in your possession, and you will do so promptly.
If you terminate your Account before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
If your Account is terminated, there will be no reversal of that which MergerLinks has already provided nor the related obligation to make payment. You will not receive any refunds as a result of termination.
Upon termination of the Account, MergerLinks will immediately make the Account inaccessible to you. MergerLinks may delete the Content saved into the system and has no obligation to restore the Content thereafter.
MergerLinks may, without prior notice and without becoming liable to you, terminate your Account with immediate effect if:
- You do not fulfil your payment obligations; or
- You in any way violate these Terms.
- If provision of the Service is in our opinion no longer commercially viable or we believe that interest of the
- Website could be jeopardised;
- In the event that you are accessing the Service pursuant to the terms of a Service Agreement, where such Service
- Agreement is terminated.
- Termination shall not affect any accrued or statutory rights of either you or us existing as at the date of
Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these Terms, shall exclude or limit any warranty or liability which may not be lawfully excluded or limited by applicable law.
MergerLinks.com does not accept any liability for damages resulting from an attributable failure in the performance of MergerLinks.com and/or on account of an unlawful act or otherwise, where this is permitted under applicable law.
Should MergerLinks.com be found liable for damage on whatever ground, MergerLinks.com shall be liable solely for direct damage suffered by you up to an amount not exceeding that of your payments to MergerLinks.com in the three months preceding the event that caused the damage.
Any liability on MergerLinks.com's part for indirect loss, including but not limited to consequential loss, loss and/or damage of data, loss of profit and loss of revenue, loss of savings, reduced goodwill, damage by business interruption and damage as a result of claims from third parties is excluded.
The restrictions mentioned in the preceding paragraphs of this article will lapse if and in so far as the damage is the result of intentional or wilful recklessness on the part of MergerLinks.com or its managers.
No right to damages shall exist unless you notify MergerLinks.com in writing of the damage promptly after it has arisen. Any claim for damages against MergerLinks.com shall become extinguished by the mere lapse of one month after the claim has come into being.
MergerLinks.com is released from all contractual obligations and liability (e.g. for damages) if MergerLinks.com's performance is prevented or affected by force majeure or force majeure of MergerLinks.com's subcontractor.
Warranties and Indemnifications
There are no conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, express or implied, that are binding on us except as specifically stated in these Terms (including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement).
The list of guarantees and indemnifications in this article is not exhaustive.
We do not guarantee that:
- your use of the Website will meet your requirements;
- your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, bug-free, virus-free or error-free;
- the results presented via Website are accurate, up to date or complete;
- that MergerLinks.com does not infringe the IP-rights of you or a third party; or
- that defects in the operation or functionality of the Website will be rectified or remedied.
You understand and agree that we are not liable to you for:
- use of the Website which is at your sole risk;
- any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage which may arise in respect of the
- Website use;
- loss of profit, business revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings:
- any trading or other losses which you may incur as a result of use of or reliance upon any Content;
- the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any Content and other communications data maintained or
- transmitted by or through your use of the Website;
- any effect which use of the Website may have on any software you use in conjunction with the Website;
- your failure to keep any password employed by you in your use of the Website secure and confidential.
In the event that any exclusion contained in these Terms shall be held to be invalid for any reason, our total aggregate liability to you shall be limited to one hundred pounds. In view of the fact that you are not required to make any payment for the licence granted under these Terms, you agree and acknowledge that this limitation on our liability is reasonable.
You guarantee that you will not use MergerLinks.com and/or the Content in a way that:
- infringes the rights of MergerLinks.com or third parties, including but not limited to IP-rights or rights in
- relation to the protection of privacy;
- is contrary to any current legislation or regulations; or
- is contrary to any provision in these Terms.
You indemnify MergerLinks.com against all damage and costs, including but not limited to damage resulting from (alleged) infringements of IP-rights, claims by third parties, collection costs, the statutory commercial interest, loss of profits, penalties incurred and legal fees, which MergerLinks.com incurs or which result from: attributable breach of the Terms by you, any use of MergerLinks.com by you or an unlawful act.
We do not accept any liability for damages resulting from an attributable failure in the performance of MergerLinks.com and/or on account of an unlawful act or otherwise, where this is permitted under applicable law.
MergerLinks.com may transfer rights and obligations arising from these Terms of Service to third parties and will notify you about this. You are not permitted to transfer to third parties any right derived from holding the Account without our prior written consent.
Failure or neglect by us to enforce any of the provisions of these Terms at any time shall not be construed or deemed to be a waiver of our rights nor shall this in any way affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Terms, nor prejudice our rights to take subsequent action.
You grant us the right to audit your use of the Website to ensure compliance by you with these Terms.
If any part of any provision of these Terms shall be or become invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of such provision and all other provisions of these Terms shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These Terms represent the entire agreement of you and us in relation to the subject matter of these Terms and supersedes any previous agreement between you and us in relation to the Website. Neither of you and us have relied upon any statement or representation made by the other in agreeing to enter these Terms.
You shall keep confidential, shall not use for any purpose not permitted in these Terms and shall not disclose any password employed by you in your use of the Website.
These Terms shall be construed in accordance with English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts to settle any disputes, which may arise in connection with these Terms.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com